An image file (e.g. JPEG, PNG) contains metadata, i.e. information about the image, e.g. which camera model was used, when the picture has been taken or various image regions. Image regions are useful for describing specific areas of the image (e.g. objects, people) or for indicating how the image should be cropped or rotated to best fit a given container.
This WordPress plugin reads such image regions in order to automatically crop images the best possible way, depending on which container they are being displayed in.
The Frameright app can be used to define such image regions and insert them in the metadata of a picture.
How does it work?
When rendering a post or a page, the plugin looks for images that have image region metadata and replaces them with a web component automatically zooming on the best suited image region, effectively doing better than a classical middle-crop.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Moved documentation to https://docs.frameright.io/wordpress
- Marked as validated with WordPress 6.2.
- Added tutorial video.
- Fixed web component sometimes not initializing properly.
- Added support for older browsers. See here for more details.
- Improved resolution of images having an
srcset=HTML attribute when zooming in on a region.
- Now forcing the web component to select a region and zoom in on it, instead of rendering the full original image.
- Fixed crash when uploading non-image files.
- Fixed crash when uploading damaged images.
- Fixed several bugs that were happening with some specific themes, like the plugin doing nothing or the image regions being wrong.
- Stopped generating hardcrops in the media library.
- Switched to rendering a web component on the front-end.
- Improved documentation.
- Renamed software components to avoid name clashes with other plugins.
- Improved algorithm for automatically selecting the best hardcrop.
- Initial Release.