Genesis Blocks is a collection of page building blocks for the Gutenberg block editor. Building pages with the block editor and Genesis Blocks gives you more control to quickly create and launch any kind of site you want!
Installing the customizable Genesis Blocks plugin adds a collection of beautiful, site-building blocks to help you customize page layouts, increase engagement, and get results for your business. Genesis Blocks provides everything from customizable buttons, to beautifully-designed page sections and full-page layout designs via the Section & Layout block.
Along with the blocks themselves, Genesis Blocks extends the content creation experience by providing a library of page sections and full-page layouts, all available from within the block editor.
Create compelling content faster.
Create and use content quickly with prebuilt and custom content sections and full-page layouts.
Enhance the Gutenberg editor.
Additional content blocks and the layout selector make it easy to get the most value out of the block-based editor.
Genesis Blocks currently includes the following blocks to help you build content and pages quickly and effortlessly:
- Section & Layout Block
- Advanced Columns Block
- Newsletter Block
- Pricing Block
- Post Grid Block
- Container Block
- Testimonial Block
- Inline Notice Block
- Accordion Block
- Share Icons Block
- Call-To-Action Block
- Customizable Button Block
- Spacer & Divider Block
- Author Profile Block
- Drop Cap Block
Do more with Genesis Pro
For those wanting to level-up with Genesis Blocks, a Genesis Pro subscription brings even richer tooling and a bigger library of sections and layouts.
- 2 new blocks (more coming soon)
- 26 pre-built full-page layouts
- 56 pre-built sections
- Save & reuse your own sections & layouts
- Advanced block-level user permissions
- Access to and support for Genesis Framework & all of our 35 StudioPress-made premium child themes.
- Additional advanced features for the rest of the Genesis Product Suite
Genesis Pro includes even more value for modern WordPress content creators, marketers, and developers. Learn more about Genesis Pro here.
Google AMP Support
The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project is a publishing format created by Google to enhance site performance for mobile website users. AMP pages are specially designed for Google search users to quickly load website pages without using any extraneous data. Genesis Blocks has support for AMP built into each block!
Help & Docs
User and developer docs for Genesis Blocks can be found here.
Este plugin proporciona 22 bloques.
- Call To Action
- Pricing Column
- Product Subtitle
- Product Features
- Product Title
- Product Button
- Product Price
- Advanced Columns
- Post and Page Grid
- Drop Cap
- Profile Box
- Email newsletter
This plugin can be installed directly from your site.
- Log in and navigate to _Plugins → Add New.
- Type “Genesis Blocks” into the Search and hit Enter.
- Locate the Genesis Blocks plugin in the list of search results and click Install Now.
- Once installed, click the Activate link.
It can also be installed manually.
- Download the Genesis Blocks plugin from WordPress.org.
- Unzip the package and move to your plugins directory.
- Log into WordPress and navigate to the Plugins screen.
- Locate Genesis Blocks in the list and click the Activate link.
Can Genesis Blocks be used with any theme?
Yes, you can use Genesis Blocks with any theme, but we recommend using one of the Gutenberg-ready StudioPress themes such as Revolution for the best presentation. Both of these themes have beautiful styles built in specifically for Genesis Blocks.
Do I need the new block editor to use Genesis Blocks?
Si, necesitas tener la versión 5.3 o superior de WordPress para sacar provecho de Genesis Blocks.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
"Genesis Blocks" ha sido traducido a 3 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
Traduce "Genesis Blocks" a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código, echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Fixed: Prevent duplicate blocks in the inserter when another plugin uses a GB category.
- Fixed: Fix PHP 8 uksort.
- Fixed: Prevent a PHP error on the Newlsetter block.
- Changed: Add filter to disable responsive font size controls.
- Fixed: Fix a block error with Desktop responsive controls on the Heading and Paragraph blocks.
- Changed: NPM tooling overhaul.
- Changed: Unignore eslint rules, fix linting.
- Fixed: Prevent an error if another plugin incorrectly filters ‘admin_body_class’.
- Fixed: Revert changes that modified Profile Box avatar styling.
- Changed: Remove Google Analytics entirely.
- Fixed: Ensure styles are enqueued.
- Fixed: Fix post grid warning.
- Added: New Getting Started pages to assist with onboarding.
- Added: Optional analytics tracking for responsive styles and layout modal.
- Changed: Collections Tab is now the first tab in the layout modal for Sections and Layouts.
- Added: Responsive controls for the paragraph and heading core blocks.
- Added: block_categories_all filter for WordPress 5.8.
- Changed: Replace Font Awesome with SVG files in the Profile Box (aka Author Profile) block, and the Sharing block.
- Changed: Ensure the Post Grid block works outside of a post context (such as the WordPress 5.8 widgets screen).
- Fixed: Improve accessibility & readability of the Slate Collection colors.
- Added: The Post Grid block now allows for multiple categories to be selected.
- Changed: The Post Grid block now requires the user to begin typing the name of the category they wish to add, instead of selecting it from a dropdown menu.
- Fixed: The Post Grid block has been optimized to reduce load on server and wait times for sites with many categories/pages.
- Fixed: The Post Grid Block, when set to show pages, incorrectly used the “Number of items” option to limit the number of pages shown. This has been fixed. The “Number of items” option no longer applies to pages while previewing the block in the editor. The number of pages selected are the number of pages shown. Note that this bug did not affect the frontend, but only what you see in the block editor in wp-admin.
- Fixed: The genesis_blocks_allowed_layout_components filter was broken for Layouts (but not Sections) since version 1.2.2 and has been fixed here.
- Fixed: Layout link has been moved back to the left of the admin toolbar.
- Fixed: Corrected the settings link in the Newsletter Block.
- Added: Collection images to layout modal.
- Added: Fallback images for section/layout previews that fail to load.
- Added: Ability to use section keys to build layouts.
- Fixed: The layouts block is no longer left over in the editor if the modal is closed by the user.
- Fixed: The Post and Page Grid block now shows all pages selected, instead of cutting it off at the number of posts set to show.
- New: Added a “Leave a review” button to the settings page.
- New: Introducing Collections, a curated suite of pattern designs to quickly build out beautiful pages and full websites.
- Added support for migrating Genesis Blocks Pro users.
- Fixed an issue for sites migrating from Atomic Blocks where in some cases the migration did not complete due to an error when deactivating the Atomic Blocks plugin.
- Added a way to migrate from Atomic Blocks to Genesis Blocks. Update now to learn more!
- Fixed issue with border radius in the Accordion block.
- Fixed minor bug in the Post Grid block that could cause PHP notices if the block is used in non-standard locations outside of post content.
- When using the Advanced Columns block, the inner column block now has a label of Column instead of Advanced Column to make it easier to distinguish from the outer column block that wraps it.
- Added a Getting Started page to make it easier to access documentation, discover Genesis themes, and provide us feedback about the plugin. Send us your thoughts!
- Initial release.