This calendar comes as a widget that shows your upcoming events. If you want you can automatically import the holidays from http://www.theholidaycalendar.com.
Two views are available: calendar view and list view.
If you choose to import the holidays they are fetched from a webservice. This happens asynchronous so your website will not get slow.
For more information about the webservice visit: http://www.mva7.nl/the-holiday-calendar-webservice-manual.html
the-holiday-calendardirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and add our widget to your website
- Add your own events through the event page in the admin screen
Add this to your content:
[thc-calendar title="Upcoming Events" showholidays="yes" country="us" displaymode="calendar" firstday="su" numberofholidays="3" showpoweredby="yes" changecountry="no"]
- title = any text (default: empty)
- showholidays = yes / no (default: no)
- country = us, in, jp, br, ru, de, gb, fr, mx, kr, au, ie (default: us)
- displaymode = calendar / list (default: list)
- firstday = mo / su (default: su)
- numberofholidays = 3, 4, 5 (default: 3)
- showpoweredby = yes / no (default: no)
- changecountry = yes / no (default: no)
Which countries are currently supported?
For now we only provide holidays for:
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
In the near future we plan to support other countries also.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
"The Holiday Calendar" ha sido traducido a 2 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
Traduce "The Holiday Calendar" a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código, echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Added “The Holiday Calendar” theme
- Added country selector for visitors
- Added multilingual support
- Support for older php versions
- Support for older php versions
- Bug fix for showing old events instead of new
- Make sure newest holidays are shown in case of large amount
- Support month navigation on homepage
- Removed another PHP warning
- Removed PHP warning
- Fix for old php versions
- Added Hungarian and South African holidays
- Fixed sorting in event manager
- Fix for old events that reappeared
- Some post release fixes
- Added times to custom events
- Fixed multi month event bug
- dd-mm-yyyy format now supported
- Removed php warning
- Fixed korean date format
- Added Italian holidays
- Fixed incorrect html
- Removed warning
- Added support for short codes.
- Added start and end date for custom events
- Information about the holiday is now displayed. (Initially only for UK and US holidays but other countries will follow)
- Translated read more link in French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Improved caching (plugin is now even faster)
- Improved compatibility with WordPress 4.3
- Security fix to prevent cross site scripting
- When the date was not present in the url, in some cases the date in the event titles were wrong.
- Some sites showed something like thcexcerpt555911463397c as event excerpt. Fixed now.
- Added settings screen
- Current widget properties are automatically migrated to settings
- Event date now also visible on custom event pages
- Fixed unclickable read more links
- Current day was also highlighted in other months. Fixed now.
- Month navigation fix, some months were abbreviated to two characters instead of three
- Attempt to support older PHP versions
- Month navigation in calendar mode
- Holidays still showed up after being disabled. Fixed now.
- Added Irish holidays
- Minor fix in translations
- Month and weekday translations in calendar mode (only for the supported countries, see FAQ)
- Read more link also available in calendar mode
- Number of holidays setting
- Read more links on holiday posts
- SEO friendly URL for custom events
- Added Australian holidays
- Added date column to event list in admin screen
- Events clickable in list mode
- Include events setting now also works in calendar mode
- Fixed strange post properties occurring in some themes
- Event pages now have the same appearance as any other page
- When no events, an error occured. Fixed now
- Added detail page with event list
- Days now clickable in calendar mode
- Also centered table caption
- Calendar content now centered by default
- Improved styling calendar view
- Current day is highlighted (not always visible though)
- Fixed error when quotes in holiday name
- Added calendar view
- Fixed validation error while adding event
- Add your own events
- Holidays are now optional
- Added more date formats
- Added support for 9 more countries
- Fixed width issue holiday names
- First release