Social Media by Lazy Cat Themes was created as a simple plugin for use by the Lazy Cat Themes family of recipe-based WordPress themes. The plugin has two modes:
- A simple mode where the social networks can be setup quickly
- An advanced mode where the social networks can be setup to provide a fan or follower count
Included networks are:
The plugin has a display widget, a shortcode and an API and uses FontAwesome to display social icons.
Docs & Support
You can find full documentation here.
- Upload the entire
lct-social-mediafolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- You will find a ‘Social Media’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
For usage, you can also have a look at the plugin homepage.
- Can I use my existing WordPress theme?
Yes! This plugin is designed to work in any WordPress theme. It uses FontAwesome to display social network icons so the colors can easily be changed to adapt to any theme.
- Where can I find documentation?
Our documentation can be found at the plugin homepage.
- What is the difference between simple and advanced Social Network configuration
Simple configuration is where you simply put the name of the relevant social network page. If you want the plugin to use an API to calculate a follower count then you may need to create an API key and put this in the configuration. Full details on how to do this are available here.
- Is there a widget?
Yes! There is a widget that supports the following features:
- Icon strip alignment (left, center, right)
- Icon size (big or small)
- Whether the strip is for the social site itself or to display share icons
- Whether to show the follower count
- How do I embed social media icons in a post or page?
There is a shortcode that supports all of the features listed in the question above.
- Is there a way just to obtain back the data using PHP?
Yes! There is a developer API that returns all the configured social networking data as an array.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Initial Version
- Added a link to documentation on the options screen
- Change to trigger update
- Removed unused constants
- Fixed bug in Bloglovin so it is usable again
- Fixed display error in short code
- Fixed error introduced in 1.0.5
- Added support for LinkedIn (with simple mode)
- Fixed minor bug with shortcodes
- Updated readme to show LinkedIn as a supported network
- Same as 1.1.1
- Added a separate share option so that you can turn on sharing in a social network even if you don’t use it
- Fixed exception that occurs with followe count on share
- Hide out of scope options when social network is not enabled
- Fix so that social networking and sharing work side-by-side properly
- Added the network_key to the social sharing data