Smartcat connects linguists, companies, and agencies to streamline the translation of any content into any language, on demand. Our platform puts your translation process on autopilot, from content creation to payments.
The plugin allows you to set up an integration between your WPML-enabled WordPress site and Smartcat. The integration itself is configured in Smartcat. Once configured, it will automatically pull translatable content from your website to Smartcat, where you can translate it with your own linguists or the ones you pick from our Marketplace. Alternatively, you can use the power of machine translation and post-edit just the most important pages to reduce translation costs. Once your content is translated, Smartcat will push it back to WordPress, instantly publishable in the target language(s) of choice.
Account & pricing
You first need to create a Smartcat account as one is not automatically created when installing the extension.
To create an account, go to smartcat.com. All translation features in Smartcat are free to use.
- Connect your WordPress website with a specific Smartcat account
- Choose the translation supplier from your own team or Smartcat Marketplace
- Automatically send new or updated content for translation
- Reuse existing translations thanks to Translation Memory
- Choose translation workflow stages — translation, editing, proofreading, etc.
Benefits of Smartcat
- No document re-formatting required
- Easy-to-use multilingual translation editor
- Multi-stage translation process — e.g., translation, editing, proofreading
- Free collaboration with your own volunteers or coworkers
of 350,000+ translators and 2,000+ agencies in 100+ language pairs
- Track progress by language, document, or person
- Automated payments to translation suppliers
- Free support to optimize localization processes
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions related to:
- Module issues
- Assistance in vendor management (freelancers or LSPs)
- Use of the module for your clients needs
Important: for the Smartcat Integration for WPML to work properly, you need to install the WPML plugin first.
- Install, activate, and configure the WPML plugin.
- Install and activate Smartcat Integration for WPML.
- Go to Settings > Smartcat Integration for and follow the instructions.
You’re all set! The integration between your site and Smartcat is now configured. The world is waiting for your content, so go ahead and translate it in a simple and efficient way.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Support for custom post types
- Support for translating WPML strings (widgets)
- Ignoring WordPress System Metadata
- Uploading custom fields (metadata) will only be done if it is selected as “Translatable” in the WPML settings
- Support for Yoast fields (focuskeywords, metadesc, title)
- Improved speed when loading the necessary data for integration
- Improved security
- Added the ability to create an integration for a post or page from WordPress itself
- Universal upload of custom fields (ACF, CMB2, etc.)
- Ability to skip uploading custom fields in the Smartcat filter.
- New system for unloading custom fields
- Fixed issue with too much metadata
- Fixed a bug with getting a list of posts in the Smartcat filter
- Fixed problem with unloading all fields from page metadata
- Support for meta information of pages and posts
- Changed the formation of the name of documents in Smartcat
- Added the ability to filter content when creating an integration in Smartcat
- Removed sending fields “image”, “file” and so on to Smartcat
- Fixed problem with saving pages.
- Fixed issues that appeared in WordPress < 5.5
- Minor fix
- Fixed a bug that occurred on PHP version 7.1 and below
- Added support for Wysiwyg Editor, Repeater, Group and Flexible Content types for ACF plugin.
- Returned PHP 7.0 compatibility
- Improved Smartcat support
- Minor fix
- Fixed bug when pushing new documents with different source languages to Smartcat and WPML
- Fixed errors when importing posts to Smartcat
- Added support for the Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved plugin version checking for Smartcat integration to work correctly
- Added support for importing categories
- Added checking of the current version of the plugin for the integration to work correctly
- Added a plugin health check when creating an integration in Smartcat
- Fixed “More” link in missing Friendly URL message
- Fixed bug – Undefined array key “smartcat_notice_status”
- Hotfix error – “failed to open stream”
- Added the tracking of deleted posts and pages to Smartcat
- Minor changes for the Import command
- Fixed a problem with importing ready-made WPML translations
- Added a message about the copied Secret Key
- Optimized the code
- First plugin release