Building an HTML table is not rocket science, but keeping the HTML table data up to date is cumbersome and can be time consuming or error prone when making frequent updates. An easier solution is to keep the data in a format and platform that is designed for data entry and collaboration and then dynamically render that data as HTML. Sheets2Table creates a snapshot of a Google Sheet and then dynamically displays the tabular data as an HTML table in WordPress. Using the FooTable plugin, the table is made responsive.
Sheets2Table provides flexibility by allowing a WordPress admin the ability to save a snapshot of the Google Sheet to a user-defined file name. Using the shortcode configuration tool, the admin can display specific columns and rename the column headers. The admin can create the snapshot manually or set the option so that the current data residing in the Google sheet is displayed on the page.
- Import a CSV file from a Google Sheet only using the document ID
- Create a snapshot of the Google Sheet manually, or automatically
- Automated tool to build shortcodes
- Basic file operations to download or delete CSV files
- Multiple CSV files and shortcodes support for limitless tables and combinations
- Responsive table by installing the FooTable plugin
- A file-based plugin that does not use database integration
- Navigate to the plugins page in your WordPress admin panel
- Click on Plugins > Add New
- Search for Sheets2Table and press the Install Now button
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the Plugins > Add New > Upload screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- How can the changes in my Google Spreadsheet automatically be displayed in my WordPress site?
As of version 0.4.1, a shortcode option now exists that will always get the current data in the Google Sheet.
- Naviage to the Shortcodes tab
- Click on Customize for the shortcode you wish to display
- Select the columns to display
- Under Other Options, select get-latest-data.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Added a option to always get the latest tabular data from the Google Sheet instead of having to manually create a snapshot.
- Initial release