Embed your Pollcaster polls on your WordPress site. Allows the use of a special short code
[pollcaster] for embedding Pollcaster polls.
Pollcaster + Pollcaster Shortcode Plugin = WordPress lovin’.
Pollcaster is the world’s most engaging poll tool. It lets everyone from Fortune 500 companies to bloggers to create a poll and share it with the world. Now with our WordPress plugin, anyone using WordPress can create and embed polls. This means you can add polls to your site or blog, and your visitors won’t need to leave your site to take them.
You could embed polls on WordPress before, but the process was more complicated and didn’t work for everyone. We’ve simplified things and created the Pollcaster Shortcode Plugin. With it, you create a poll on Pollcaster and grab the WordPress shortcode. Then, with the plugin installed on your site, you can paste that shortcode into any post or page. That’s it! Your poll will appear on your site. Your poll will appear inline with your content, just like when you embed a video from YouTube or Vimeo.
Don’t have a Pollcaster account? No problem. Head over to Pollcaster.com and sign up for a free account, and start making your own polls.
- Enables use of the Pollcaster Shortcode instead of the traditional Pollcaster embed code.
- Ability to embed polls as any user type (as opposed to only Editors and Admins).
[pollcaster id="123" width="100%" height="auto"]
Search for “Pollcaster Shortcode” from the admin area of your WordPress site in Plugins > Add New.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
=To manually install:=
Copy the folder pollcaster-shortcode into the folder /wp-content/plugins/.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu from the admin area of your WordPress site.
- What is Pollcaster?
- Why is this plugin useful?
A quick tip: with embed codes, you need to make sure to be in the “Text” tab of the writing area. If you are in the “Visual” tab, the embed code will not work. Short codes work in either text editor.
- But wait! I already have a poll using the old embed code! Will it still work on WordPress?
Your poll will continue to function and look good doing it. Heck, if you want to keep using the old method for future polls, that’s fine. We just created the shortcode, because it’s cleaner and simpler.
- Is it difficult to install and get setup?
Nope, it’s easy. Check out the Installation section for the details.
- What do all the parameters in the code mean?
- id: the unique id of your poll on our system.
- width: the pixel or percentage width of your poll container. (“500px” or “100%” – Default: “100%”)
- height: the pixel or percentage width of your poll container. (“500px”, “100%”, “auto” – Default: “auto”)
If that was over your head, don’t worry. Just install the plugin, copy the shortcode from Pollcaster after creating the poll, and paste it into WordPress. Your poll will look great.
- Can I get more help with Pollcaster?
- But what if it doesn’t look good or I can’t get it to work?!
We’re here for you. Pollcaster offers exceptional free support. Need help embedding a poll? We’re happy to chat with you on the phone or screenshare to walk you through the process. We’d love to help you get your poll up and running. And we’re happy to help with any questions you might have about Pollcaster too. Visit Pollcaster.com or shoot a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever get stuck.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
1.0 – Initial release.