This plugin enables you to filter posts in a particular category and then apply mass updates to selected posts.
- Update to selected category – Delete the currently filtered category and set a new Target Category for the selected posts
- Add selected category – Adds the Target Category to the selected posts
- Delete selected category – Deletes the currently filtered category from the selected posts
- Republish – update the post date to the current time stamp.
- Republish – alter the post date by adding or subtracting defined amounts
- Update post meta – set the values for simple post meta fields
- WordPress SEO hide – update WordPress SEO post meta to “hide” posts
- WordPress SEO unhide – update WordPress SEO post meta to “unhide” posts
- Scheduled republishing using WordPress CRON
- Category republishing of the oldest post in selected Categories
- Tag republishing of the oldest post with selected Tags
- Republicizing using Jetpack publicize.
- Upload the contents of the oik-batchmove plugin to the `/wp-content/plugins/oik-batchmove’ directory
- Activate the oik-batchmove plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit Posts > Batch move or Oik options > Batch move to start changing post’s categories or publication dates.
How do I use it?
- Visit Posts > Batch move
- Use the Selection criteria to list the posts you may want to alter and click on Filter.
- Select the posts to change.
- Select the target category, choose the Action to perform, click on Apply changes.
How do I use scheduled republishing?
To enable scheduled republishing:
- Activate the oik-batchmove plugin
- Visit oik options > Scheduled republish to enter the settings you want to use.
- Ensure Activated? is checked
- Click on Update
This will enable the WordPress CRON scheduling to perform scheduled republishing on a daily basis.
To disable scheduled republishing:
- With the oik-batchmove plugin activated
- Visit oik options > Scheduled republish
- Ensure Activated? is unchecked
- Click on Update
This will stop the WordPress CRON scheduling from performing scheduled republishing.
How do I see what’s going to be republished?
The “Reposts for today” box shows the posts that have not yet been republished.
When Scheduled republish is not activated then this will list the posts that were published on the date determined by applying “look back” to the current date.
When Scheduled republish is activated you would not expect to see any posts until you change the “look back” value.
The “Reposts for tomorrow” box shows you the posts that may be republished in the next scheduled invocation.
My time zone is not GMT (UTC+0)
This scenario has not been tested.
How can I exclude posts?
If you have the oik-fields plugin then you can set the “Do not republish” checkbox.
Any post which has this checkbox ticked will be ignored by both Scheduled batchmove, Category republish and Tag republish.
Will my posts be re-publicized to Facebook and Twitter?
Yes, using Jetpack publicize.
oik-batchmove may not be fully functional
I get a message that says:
oik-batchmove may not be fully functional. Please install and activate the required version of this plugin: oik version 4.0
This message is asking you to install and activate the oik base plugin. There should be a link:
- Install oik – this means that oik is not installed. Click on the link to download the latest version of oik
- Activate oik base plugin – this means that the oik base plugin is not activated. Click on the link to activate the installed version of oik
- Upgrade oik – this means that the activated version of oik is not at or higher than the required level. Click on the link to update to the latest version of oik
If you do not perform the action then the plugin won’t work properly.
Why do I need oik?
The oik base plugin provides APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) which deliver 90% of the functionality that makes this plugin work.
oik provides a lot of stuff, which is mostly dormant until you really need it.
Which version of oik do I need?
The oik-batchmove plugin is dependent upon oik v3.1, or higher.
Are there similar plugins?
Yes, Bulk Move
On the plus side, Bulk Move supports Custom Taxonomies and switching between Categories and Tags.
It may not support Scheduled republishing or Category/Tag specific republishing logic.
If you want to read more about the oik plugins then please visit the
oik plugin “the oik plugin – for often included key-information”
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce "oik-batchmove" a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código, echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Fixed: Avoid Notices in Scheduled republish,[github bobbingwide oik-batchmove issues 4]
- Tested: With WordPress 6.0.1
- Tested: With PHPUnit 9
- Tested: With PHP 8.0
- Changed: Updated to be compatible with oik v4.0.0,[github bobbingwide oik-batchmove issues 3]
- Tested: With WordPress 5.4.1
- Tested: With PHPUnit 8
- Tested: With PHP 7.3 and PHP 7.4
- Changed: Now depends on oik v3.1 or higher
- Tested: With WordPress 4.7.3
- Tested: With PHP 7.1
- Tested: with WordPress 4.5.
- Changed: Depends on oik v3.0.0 or higher
- Tested: with WordPress 4.4
- Changed: Depends on oik v2.5 or higher
- Added: update metadata action to set a post meta value
- Added: WordPress SEO hide and unhide actions
- Fixed: Reset of the global variable $bw_filter
- Tested: With WordPress 4.1 and WordPress Multi Site
- Fixed: Recategorize from Uncategorized did not remove Uncategorized when that was the only category. The sequence of actions needs to be Add then Delete.
- Changed: Limit Category and Tag republishing to only processing one post per category or tag
- Tested with WordPress 3.9 through 4.0
- Tested: With WordPress 3.9
- Fixed: Category republish was selecting the wrong posts to republish.
- Added: Duplicated logic for Category republish to support Tag republish.
- Added: Action hook for “oik_fields_loaded” to register the “_do_not_republish” checkbox.
- Added: oik_batchmove_lazy_category_republish() is run before oik_batchmove_lazy_cron()
- Added: Admin dialogs to allow Category republish options to be specified
- Added: a button to “test” Category republish
- Changed: Scheduled republish will not republish posts marked as “_do_not_republish”.
- Noted: Requires PHP 5.3 or higher.
- Changed: New option “reschedule_time” allows you to set the publishing time to a fixed time. e.g. 09:00:00. Defaults to republishing with the original time.
- Changed: post_gmt_date also adjusted in manual republish
- Fixed: problem with missing/duplicate function bw_update_option()
- Tested: with WordPress 3.8
- Added: screen captures for Scheduled republish
- Added: ‘Scheduled republish’ capability with its own admin page and WordPress CRON scheduling
- Changed: Now displays comment count on the Batch move page
- Changed: Posts > Batch move is now available to users with ‘manage_categories’ capability
- Changed: bw_date_adjust() function moved to oik-batchmove.php
- Changed: Removed call to oik_register_plugin_server() for publication on WordPress.org
- Added: Can now filter All categories – for when you want to filter and republish based on date alone
- Changed: Date filter now allows selection of a single day
- Changed: Plugin initialisation when file loaded now implemented as a function oik_batchmove_plugin_loaded()
- Added: Date adjustments can now be applied when using “republish”. e.g. +2 years
- Changed: Post ID’s in the select list are now links. This makes it a bit easier to decide whether or not to select it
- Added: Code to enable the select all check box
- Changed: Renamed some internal functions to prepare for future transition
- Added: New code supports listing of posts and actions to add a category, remove a category or update (replace) or to republish a post