The Custom Front Page plugin allows to you set any post or page, including custom post types, as the homepage.
Let’s say you have created a ‘landing page’ post type. This post type provides you with all the input fields and default
design needed to make awesome landing pages easy. These landing pages are so awesome, in fact, that you decide to use one as your homepage.
But wait, WordPress won’t let you do that… until now! Just install “Custom Front Page” and you can select any page, post or custom post type
to be the homepage on your site.
Using this plugin is simple:
- Install the plugin
- Activate the plugin
- Go to ‘Reading’ under ‘Settings’ in the WordPress admin menu and select the desired front page.
- Save your changes
- Works with custom post types
- No settings page, just adds additional post types to the front page dropdown
- Clean, well written code that won’t bog down your site
If you don’t meet the below requirements, I highly recommend you upgrade your WordPress install or move to a web host
that supports a more recent version of PHP.
- Requires WordPress version 3.0 or greater
- Requires PHP version 5 or greater ( PHP version 5.2.4 is required to run WordPress version 3.2 )
The Easy Way
- In your WordPress admin, go to ‘Plugins’ and then click on ‘Add New’.
- In the search box, type in ‘Custom Front Page’ and hit enter. This plugin should be the first and likely the only result.
- Click on the ‘Install’ link.
- Once installed, click the ‘Activate this plugin’ link.
The Hard Way
- Download the .zip file containing the plugin.
- Upload the file into your
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip
- Find the plugin in the WordPress admin on the ‘Plugins’ page and click ‘Activate’
Once the plugin is installed and activated, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Reading’ in the WordPress admin. You will notice that the ‘Front page’ dropdown now allows you to select from any post type. Choose what you want your front page to be and click ‘Save Changes’. Viola! You now have a new front page!
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Minor updates to improve code.
- Updated dropdown in customizer to support all registered post types (thanks https://github.com/WebDevLan4You).
- Tested in WordPress version 4.6.1
- Tested in WordPress version 4.5.2
- Reformatted code
- Added PHP docBlock for class and methods.
- Updated tested WordPress version to 3.6.1
- Initial commit