Old Dominion Freight Lines (NASDAQ: ODFL) is headquartered in Thomasville, North Carolina. The company has a reputation for providing quality service and ranks solidly in the top 10 LTL carriers in terms of annual revenue. It offers a variety of LTL freight services throughout the United States and to Canada and Mexico. If you don’t have a Old Dominion Freight Lines account number, contact them at 866-378-3748.
- Displays negotiated LTL shipping rates in the shopping cart.
- Provide quotes for shipments within the United States and to Canada.
- Custom label results displayed in the shopping cart.
- Display transit times with returned quotes.
- Product specific freight classes.
- Support for variable products.
- Define multiple warehouses.
- Identify which products drop ship from vendors.
- Product specific shipping parameters: weight, dimensions, freight class.
- Option to determine a product’s class by using the built in density calculator.
- Option to include residential delivery fees.
- Option to include fees for lift gate service at the destination address.
- Option to mark up quoted rates by a set dollar amount or percentage.
- Works seamlessly with other quoting apps published by Eniture Technology.
- WooCommerce 6.4 or newer.
- Old Dominion Freight Line account number.
- Your username and password to Old Dominion.com.
- A license from Eniture Technology.
Before installing this plugin you should have the following information handy:
- Your Old Dominion Freight Line account number.
- Your username and password to odfl.com.
If you need assistance obtaining any of the above information, contact your local Old Dominion Freight Line office
or call the Old Dominion Freight Lines at 866-378-3748.
A more comprehensive and graphically illustrated set of instructions can be found on the Documentation tab at
1. Install and activate the plugin
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins => Add New. Search for “LTL Freight Quotes – odfl Edition”, and click Install Now.
After the installation process completes, click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
2. Get a license from Eniture Technology
Go to Eniture Technology and pick a
subscription package. When you complete the registration process you will receive an email containing your license key and
your login to eniture.com. Save your login information in a safe place. You will need it to access your customer dashboard
where you can manage your licenses and subscriptions. A credit card is not required for the free trial. If you opt for the free
trial you will need to login to your Eniture Technology dashboard before the trial period expires to purchase
a subscription to the license. Without a paid subscription, the plugin will stop working once the trial period expires.
3. Establish the connection
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => ODFL Freight. Use the Connection link to create a connection to your Old Dominion Freight Lines account.
5. Select the plugin settings
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => ODFL Freight. Use the Quote Settings link to enter the required information and choose
the optional settings.
6. Enable the plugin
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => Shipping. Click on the link for Old Dominion Freight Lines and enable the plugin.
7. Configure your products
Assign each of your products and product variations a weight, Shipping Class and freight classification. Products shipping LTL freight should have the Shipping Class set to “LTL Freight”. The Freight Classification should be chosen based upon how the product would be classified in the NMFC Freight Classification Directory. If you are unfamiliar with freight classes, contact the carrier and ask for assistance with properly identifying the freight classes for your products.
What happens when my shopping cart contains products that ship LTL and products that would normally ship FedEx or UPS?
If the shopping cart contains one or more products tagged to ship LTL freight, all of the products in the shopping cart
are assumed to ship LTL freight. To ensure the most accurate quote possible, make sure that every product has a weight, dimensions and a freight classification recorded.
What happens if I forget to identify a freight classification for a product?
In the absence of a freight class, the plugin will determine the freight classification using the density calculation method. To do so the products weight and dimensions must be recorded. This is accurate in most cases, however identifying the proper freight class will be the most reliable method for ensuring accurate rate estimates.
Why was the invoice I received from Old Dominion Freight Line more than what was quoted by the plugin?
One of the shipment parameters (weight, dimensions, freight class) is different, or additional services (such as residential
delivery, lift gate, delivery by appointment and others) were required. Compare the details of the invoice to the shipping
settings on the products included in the shipment. Consider making changes as needed. Remember that the weight of the packaging
materials, such as a pallet, is included by the carrier in the billable weight for the shipment.
How do I find out what freight classification to use for my products?
Contact your local Old Dominion Freight Line office for assistance. You might also consider getting a subscription to ClassIT offered
by the National Motor Freight Traffic Association (NMFTA). Visit them online at classit.nmfta.org.
How do I get a Old Dominion Freight Line account?
Check your phone book for local listings or call 804-353-1900.
Where do I find my Old Dominion Freight Lines username and password?
Usernames and passwords to Old Dominion Freight Lines online shipping system are issued by Old Dominion Freight Lines. Go to Old Dominion Freight Lines and click the Sign Up link at the top right of the page in “Login to My Old Dominion” window. You will be redirected to a page where you can register as a new user.
How do I get a license key for my plugin?
You must register your installation of the plugin, regardless of whether you are taking advantage of the trial period or
purchased a license outright. At the conclusion of the registration process an email will be sent to you that will include the
license key. You can also login to eniture.com using the username and password you created during the registration process
and retrieve the license key from the My Licenses tab.
How do I change my plugin license from the trail version to one of the paid subscriptions?
Login to eniture.com and navigate to the My Licenses tab. There you will be able to manage the licensing of all of your
Eniture Technology plugins.
How do I install the plugin on another website?
The plugin has a single site license. To use it on another website you will need to purchase an additional license.
If you want to change the website with which the plugin is registered, login to eniture.com and navigate to the My Licenses tab.
There you will be able to change the domain name that is associated with the license key.
Do I have to purchase a second license for my staging or development site?
No. Each license allows you to identify one domain for your production environment and one domain for your staging or
development environment. The rate estimates returned in the staging environment will have the word “Sandbox” appended to them.
Why isn’t the plugin working on my other website?
If you can successfully test your credentials from the Connection page (WooCommerce > Settings > ODFL Freight > Connections)
then you have one or more of the following licensing issues:
1) You are using the license key on more than one domain. The licenses are for single sites. You will need to purchase an additional license.
2) Your trial period has expired.
3) Your current license has expired and we have been unable to process your form of payment to renew it. Login to eniture.com and go to the My Licenses tab to resolve any of these issues.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Update: Modified expected delivery message at front-end from “Estimated number of days until delivery” to “Expected delivery by”.
- Fix: Inherent Flat Rate value of parent to variations.
- Fix: Fixed space character issue in city name.
- Update: Added compatibility with “Address Type Disclosure” in Residential address detection
- Update: Introduced origin level markup and product level markup
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 6.1
- Update: Compatibility with WooCommerce version 7.0.1
- Update: Conflict resolved with “Flexible Product Fields” plugin
- Update: Included product parent id along with variant ID required by freightdesk.online
- Update: Introduced connectivity from the plugin to FreightDesk.Online using Company ID
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 6.0.
- Update: Included tabs for freightdesk.online and validate-addresses.com
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress multisite network
- Fix: Fixed support link.
- Update: Added features, Multiple Pallet Packaging and data analysis.
- Update: Compatibility with PHP version 8.0.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 5.8.
- Fix: Corrected product page URL in connection settings tab.
- Update: Added feature “Weight threshold limit”.
- Update: Added feature In-store pickup with terminal information.
- Update: Added weight threshold feature for LTL freight on the quote settings page.
- Update: Added feature to show In-store pickup and local delivery with terminal address.
- Update: added feature ‘Hold at terminal’
- Update: Cuttoff Time.
- Update: Added images URL for FDO portal.
- Update: CSV columns updated.
- Update: Micro-warehouse.
- Update: Added compatibility with WP 5.7, compatibility with shippable ad-don, compatibility with account number ad-don fields showing on the checkout page.
- Update: WP Tags added
- Update: Shippable params changed
- Fix: Order widget fixed when no quotes
- Update: Sync orders to freightdesk.online
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.6
- Update: Introduced product nesting feature
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.5
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.4
- Update: Introduced ODFL account type[Sender/Receiver] in account specific warehouse
*Update: Compatibility with custom programming
- Fix: Removed extra files and rename class name.
- Update: Introduced Account Number on warehouse tab
*Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.1
- Fix: Identify one warehouse and multiple drop ship locations in basic plan.
- Update: Introduced new features and Basic, Standard and Advanced plans.
*Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.0
*Update: Added the ability to identify the account number
*Fix: Corrected quotes labels on checkout page
*Update: Introduced compatibility with the Residential Address Detection plugin.
*Update: Improved finding nearest warehouses.
*Fix: Fixed an issue with the setting that controlled the display of alternate shipping methods.
- Fix: Fixed issue with show quotes
- Fix: Fixed issue with inherent parent shipping class to variant
- Fix: Fixed issue with new reserved word in PHP 7.1
- Update: Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.9.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 4.8
- Initial release.