leenk.me automatically publishes a tweet to your Twitter account, a status update to your Facebook profile/fan page/group walls, and a share on your LinkedIn profile/company whenever you publish a new post in your WordPress website.
What can you do with leenk.me?
- Publish automatically to your social networks when you publish a new post in WordPress.
- Works with Posts, Pages, and Custom Post Types. (Requires WP 2.9+ for Posts and 3.0+ for Custom Post Types)
- Choose which categories are published automatically.
- Exclude individual posts from being published to your social networks.
- Automatically post to your social networks when a scheduled post is published.
- Resend previously published posts to your social networks.
- Additional authors can setup their own leenk.me accounts and add them to your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish to all author’s leenk.me accounts whenever a post is published.
- Customize your Tweet format with the custom variables %TITLE%, %URL%, %CATS%, and %TAGS%.
- Automatically shorten URLs with Twitter Friendly Links, if it is installed – otherwise leenk.me uses TinyURL or WordPress’s default short URL.
- Add a filter to use your own custom URL shortener, like bit.ly
- Customize your Facebook post for individual posts.
- Customize your LinkedIn shares for individual posts.
What sets leenk.me apart from others?
- Extremely easy to use and setup, essentially a “set it and forget it” service.
- Highly customizable!
- leenk.me uses the most secure APIs available to connect to your social networks.
- leenk.me doesn’t need to save your social network passwords.
- You authorize which applications are connected to your leenk.me account.
- leenk.me is instant, no need to wait for an RSS reader to get your latest posts… publishing sends your content to leenk.me automatically.
You will need a leenk.me API key to use the leenk.me plugin. The leenk.me subscription is 99 cents a month with a one month free trial. Cancel anytime before your trial ends and you won’t be charged. This small subscription fee is used to maintain the leenk.me server and for continued development/support.
Have questions? Contact me through the leenk.me support form.
You can follow the development of this plugin at GitHub!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
leenkmedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create a leenk.me account here to get a leenk.me API and to set up your social networking options.
- Update the leenk.me plugin options with your leenk.me API Key and set any plugin options.
- Next time you publish a new post it will auotomatically be sent to leenk.me and distributed to your social networks.
Does leenk.me work with scheduled posts?
Yes, the leenk.me plugin hooks into the schedule-to-publish action that WordPress uses when publishing a scheduled post.
Does leenk.me work with multiple authors?
Yes, just be sure to check the box to Tweet/Publish/Share/Feed all authors in the leenk.me plugins.
Can I add multiple Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn accounts to a single leenk.me account?
Yes, now you can. If you have a Personal account, you can add up to 3 leenk.me API keys each API key can support 1 Twitter account, Facebook Profile, Facebook Page, Facebook Group, LinkedIn Profile, and LinkedIn Company. If you have a Business account you can add up to 10 leenk.me API keys.
How to use the leenk.me Twitter plugin
How to use the leenk.me Facebook plugin
How to use the leenk.me LinkedIn plugin
Where can I find additional help or make suggestions?
Feel free to use the leenk.me contact form and we will respond as soon as possible.
Can I use other URL shorteners?
Yes, there is now a GUI interface for this in the main leenk.me settings, but if you can still use your own custom URL shortener by using the WordPress action hook ‘leenkme_url_shortener’ to change the URL shortener used. I wrote a post detailing how to use the bit.ly URL shortener.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
* Fixing deprecation warning
* Fixing category list in Twitter Settings
* Converting META Box to Gutenberg Compatible, Dropping classic editor support
- Removed ability to post to Facebook profile (because Facebook removed this ability)
- Changed to scheduled events in WordPress for posting through leenk.me, to avoid timing issues with post meta
- General bug fixes
- Removed custom role capabilities, just use the built-in ones offered by WordPress Core
- Removed a missed deprecated split() call
- Changed maxlength to 140 characters in Twitter preview box
- Removing Caption/Link Name from Facebooky Array, no longer sending Picture URL (it’s entirely OG driven now)
- Fixed single post OG bug
- Adding filter for Twitter to get a different permalink (like bit.ly) instead of the default WordPress URL
- Fixing issue with manual formats not being saved properly
- Removing URL Shorteners (they’re no longer needed)
- Fixing depecrated uses of .live() in jQuery
- Fixing potential XSS attack
- Use wp_get_current_user instead of get_currentuserinfo
- PHP7 Updates
- Removed FriendFeed references (Service no longer available)
- Removed LinkedIn Groups referenced (no longer supported by LinkedIn)
- Fixing deprecated wpdb->prepare call from old upgrade routine
- Adding larger Facebook image functionality
- Removing ow.ly URL Shortener support
- Fixed bug preventing scheduled posts from sending to social networks
- Removing anonymous function calls to work with PHP 5.2 installationsZ
- Remove Post as a required post type, still set as default though
- Convert &#[0-9]+ entities to UTF-8 on LinkedIn and Facebook
- Only include social network files if we’re in wp-admin
- Removed deprecated split() call
- Replaced preg_replace search to consider unicode characters
- Added LinkedIn Companies functionality
- Fixed search for leenkme users, timing out on sites with large subscriber base
- Added missing translation string to Spanish (es_MX) translation file – Thanks again Andrew Kurtis
- Added Spanish (es_MX) translation file – thanks Andrew Kurtis
- Replaced most isset() calls to !empty() to improve efficiency
- Fixed bug causing ‘exclude’ option to not work
- Updated ‘publish’ action hook
- Removed save_post hook in order to save post meta before transition_post_status runs the leenkme_connect function
- Added wp_print_r function, thanks Glenn Ansley!
- Removed su.pr URL shortener, since it has been suspended by StumbleUpon
- Fixed bug in image generation for Facebook, Friendfeed, and LinkedIn
- Removed automatic leenk.me preview and replaced with manual refresh preview button, due to some complaints from some web hosts about it draining resources
- Set URL Shortener to shortener permalink URLs (if available) instead of Post ID URLs for SEO compatability
- Added leenkme_get_users() function to reduce coding overhead
- Modified leenkme_get_shortlink_handler() to output rel=”shortlink” URLs w/ the correct short URL set in leenk.me settings
- Added information to the leenk.me settings page for sites with multiple users with a leenk.me API key
- Added functionality to not display the generated short URL in the Twitter preview box
- Modified leenkme_url_shortener functionality
- Fixed typo in OG tags
- Removed TinyURL and YOURLS from LinkedIn shortener (similar issue Facebok has with those shorteners)
- If removing the leenkme_url_shortener call with a filter, the Twitter preview no longer gets the URL automatically.
- Fixed new bug cause by WordPress cron action for scheduled posts
- Fixed type in Friendfeed settings
- Fixed type in OG replacement function call
- Fixed bug in OG replacement tags calling leenkme_custom_replacement_args
- Changed get_user arguments to fix bug caused on some WordPress installations
- Added post_id to leenkme_custom_replacement_args filter
- Fixed some error output
- Added/fixed leenkme_custom_replacement_args filter
- Fixed bug in Twitter’s include/exclude categories functionality
- Updated html_entity_decode function calls to use the site’s default character settings
- Removed unused files
- Updated CSS and JS versioning
- Fixed typo in Twitter Category Include/Exclude
- Fixed new issue with HTML entites not being decoded properly
- Added new publish action for people using iOS/Android or other Remote Publishing applications
- Added new settings to allow a user to specify if the post author’s message format takes precedent
- Fixed tweet format bug
- Removed old debug code
- Fixed issue with HTML Entities not being decoded properly
- Fixed typo in two places with incorrect PHP blockcode, causing leenk.me to not activate for users with at least PHP version 5.3.13 (and above)
- Fixed bug with ampersand symbols being converted to an HTML entities
- Fixed leenk.me publish action priority
- Fixed bug causing some users to not have a URL in Twitter
- Fixed bug causing some users to have interpreted HTML characters in Twitter
- Fixed bug preventing users from the ability to “exclude” an individual post from posting to their social network(s)
- Modified URL Shortener scripts, some people seem to be having trouble with the new URL shortener functionality.
- Added POT file for translations… translations now welcome!
- Final Release of 2.0.0
- Efficiency updates (reduced number of jQuery calls when editing post)
- Added Open Graph Meta tags for resharing in Facebook and LinkedIn (and other social networks)
- Updated User Query to make compatibly with WordPress Multisite
- Fixed substring bug in jQuery call for users with a lot of pictures
- Now leenk.me is i18n Translation Ready
- Using leenk.me API version 1.2
- Added better error message handling
- Fixed issue with HTML entities appear on Facebook, LinkedIn, and FriendFeed.
- Made some more code efficiency updates.
- Corrected TinyURL and YOURLS shortener with Facebook bug, cannot use either with Facebook, because Facebook adds ?ref=nf to each link.
- Removed shortlink call for leenk.me on non-admin pages.
- Fixed non-escaped slashes on posts with single-quotes.
- Minor fixes
- More efficient Publish All Authors functionality.
- Added URL Shorteners to GUI.
- Major update to leenk.me post meta boxes.
- Updates LinkedIn TITLE and DESCRIPTION character limits, per their latest API notes
- Fixed Twitter bug miscalculating tweet length
- Fixed bug when testing settings caused by multi-author publishing fix from 1.3.6
- Fixed UI markup in Twitter Settings
- Merge bug in 1.3.6 with Google Buzz
- Fixed exclusion bug for Facebook and Friendfeed
- Added links to Settings pages in more obvious location on General Settings page.
- Renamed “leenk.me” suboption to “leenk.me Settings”
- Update for multi-author publishing
- Fixed bug caused by new versom of jQuery in WP 3.2 when testing Facebook and Friendfeed
- Added efficiency updates for blogs with large userbase
- Fixed bug with %CATS% for Twitter, if using really long category names causing an infinite loop and eventual timeout
- Changed how the meta boxes are displayed, switched to the native WordPress meta box functions
- Changed how leenk.me uses the Http class, by using the built-in wp_remote_* functions
- Fixed bug for getting shorturl from WordPress if permalinks are turned off (and website cannot contact TinyURL), also submitted patch to core to ultimately fix this problem
- Updated leenk.me settings pages
- Updated leenk.me icon
- Added user_can() function for backwards compatibility for WP3.0 and below
- Added clean_user_cache() function for backwards compatibility for WP2.9 and below
- Fixed memory_limit issue when doing upgrade to 1.3.0 for sites with large number of users
- Added FriendFeed support!
- Updated the category include/exclude option for each page
- Automatically enable the “All Authors?” option on new activations for sites that have multiple users setup
- Fixed error introduced with the share link feature on the Facebook module
- General security hardening
- Fixed bug causing leenk.me post meta to be erased when you quick-edit a post
- Fixed Tweet Category/Tag warnings
- Added disabled() helper function for WP2.9.2 and below
- Bug fix for Twitter Friendly Links URL shortener (again)
- Bug fix for Twitter Friendly Links URL shortener
- Added support for custom URL shorteners, like bit.ly, j.mp and any others that you want to add.
- Updated support contact information
- Fixed small bug causing Facebook descriptions to not be truncated.
- Facebook added a new “links” method to the API. Added option to use it instead of the normal “feeds” method.
- Facebook also started restricting Message and Description length. Added restriction back into plugin (420 charactesr for Message, 300 characters for description).
- Squashed bug causing non-thumbnail posts to have a thumbnail associated with them from the Media Library.
- Added filters, ‘facebook_image’ and ‘linkedin_image’ to override the image used when posting to Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Squashed bug causing twitter to improperly calculate the Tweet length for Russian characters.
- Squashed bug causing twitter to improperly calculate the Tweet length for long titles.
- Added auto-hashtagging variables for categories and tags in the Tweet Format.
- Fixed bug causing “Pending Review” to “Publish” posts to be ignored by leenk.me.
- Added ability to publish to Facebook Groups
- Added ability to restrict certain WordPress roles from access the plugin settings – two new roles were created, “leenkme_manage_all_settings” for Administrators, and ‘leenkme_edit_user_settings’ for Editors/Authors/Contributors.
- Changed the way the leenk.me _wpnonce fields are handled, previously it was causing an overload in the $_GET structure for some WordPress sites when filtering and/or searching posts in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Removed screenshots from plugin, seems to be causing an issue with WordPress updating.
- Added LinkedIn support!
- Tested on WordPress 2.8.6, 2.9.2, and 3.0.2.
- Fixed function call in Twitter module
- Fixed bug causing shorttags showing up in Facebook and Google Buzz posts.
- Fixed category inclusion/exclusions bug.
- Added Page and Custom Post Type support.
- Receiving reports of users with old version of cURL installed, they are not able to verify the SSL (because it is too new). Set the API call to not try to verify the SSL, the SSL still works and encrypts the content though.
- Added SSL to leenk.me API for increased security
- Added more features to Facebook plugin, now you can truly customize your Facebook posts.
- Added support links to each social network module.
- Updated API to fix slashes being included in Facebook posts.
- Updated Facebook screenshots.
- Fixed problem caused by users not saving Twitter/Facebook/Google Buzz settings before trying to use the plugin
- Set “Post to Profile” as initial default for Facebook settings
- Removed superfulous get_user_option call for Google Buzz post meta.
- Added Google Buzz support!
- Fixed some table formatting for the custom post boxes.
- Added additional error reporting.
- Fixed problem with post meta being deleted during autosave process.
- Fixed bug caused by new users activating leenk.me for the first time and not setting their default settings.
- Made some more efficiency updates, especially for multi-author sites.
- Updated screenshots.
- Tested on WordPress 2.8.6, 2.9.2, and 3.0.1.
- Fixed bug causing Facebook posts to not have a “description” if there was no excerpt defined in WordPress.
- Tested on WordPress 2.8.6, 2.9.2, and 3.0.1.
- Removed unnecessary CSS and images.
- Changed leenk.me main settings page to reduce CSS bloat.
- Re-organized the Twitter and Facebook code to be a little more efficient for multi-user setups.
- Increased error checking.
- Tested on WordPress 2.8.6, 2.9.2, and 3.0.1.
- Efficiency updates, now the leenk.me plugin only contacts leenk.me 1 time per user (instead of 1 time per social network).
- Updated leenk.me API from 1.0 to 1.1, to assist with efficiency and better error reporting.
- Fixed duplicate leenk.me screen in WP2.8.x (though I recommend upgrading to the latest version).
- Updated AJAX popup box, made it wider and higher.
- Fixed bug caused by not having thumbnails enabled in WP2.8.x and WP2.9.x.
- Fixed small bug: removed default check from Facebook profile for new plugin activations.
- leenk.me is a fork from Twitter Post, which unfortunately is no longer supported because Twitter deactivated their REST API.