ImageRecycle is an automatic Image and PDF compression plugin for WordPress. Your customers are waiting for your pages to load, it can takes long, especially on mobile devices. Even content is served in seconds by a fast server, slow connection can make your users leaving.
People are impatient in front a slow loading website, that’s the result of all studies; 4 second loading causing 24% of visitors to leave (Source statistica.com.). Image and PDF optimization is more efficient than any other optimization tool.
Images can represent from 60% to 80% of a page weight, so an optimization can accelerate your page loading by x3 or more.
WORDPRESS IMAGE AND PDF COMPRESSION
It’s highly important in WordPress to make an image optimization because when you upload an image, 4 images are generated and stored on your server: a thumbnail, medium, large and original sized images.
Even more, some plugin can add their own image size for specific layouts like WooCommerce. All those images can be used in various conditions, it’s easy but heavy to load.
Image optimization with ImageRecycle plugin is automatic and reduce your page weight by up to 80%. This is highly recommended for SEO and high traffic websites.
Get a 100MB trial of compression quota then it’s up to you to speedup your entire website, click here for more details about the WordPress image compression >>
COMPRESS IMAGES AND PDF, NOT QUALITY
The jpg, png, gif optimization algorithm can reduce the image size by up to 85% (5x +), while the resulting photos are visually identical to the originals. We believe that image and pdf compression is a matter preserving the quality then reduce the size.
Reducing the image and pdf size can be done using a massive compression of data and result a worsened quality. We detect already compressed media and return original files.
WOOCOMMERCE IMAGE COMPRESSION AND 3RD PARTY PLUGINS
The plugin is highly configurable, and you can choose media folders to compress from your server.
So, it will work with all third-party plugins including WooCommerce, galleries plugin. Plus, you can of course optimize media from other folders (multiple site, another CMS…)
Test full service for free during 15 days.
- Compress automatically new images & pdf
- Compress automatically existing images & pdf
- Launch a full image optimization process in background and get notified by Email when it’s done
- Determine which folder to optimize or not
- 1 month all original media backup and one click restore
- Image resizing
- Define an optimization quality per media type (jpg, png, gif, pdf) > Lossy/Lossless/No compression
- Define a min and max size to optimize
- Optimize png, jpg, gif
- Filter your optimized / non optimized media by status, date, file name
More details here, ImageRecycle: https://www.imagerecycle.com/cms/wordpress
How to optimize images with WordPress plugin:
Compression technical details
The jpg optimization tool is capable of reducing the file size of standard JPEG photos by up to 85% (5x +), while the resulting photos are visually identical to the original photos.
The script on the server is making a full analysis of:
* Colors radius sizes
For .png and gif images optimization, it’s quite different, we use several methods.
* Choosing a better pre-compression filter
* Deflate compression algorithm enhancement
We also offer a PDF compression specifically optimized for web-based publication.
The quality for reading a PDF on the web will be close to the original. Depending of the tool and the quality setting used to generate the PDF, you can expect from 10% to 95%.
Exceptional compression results can be applied on PDF exported for print using Adobe Indesign for example.
- Image optimization
- Colors resolution reduction for grayscale, bi-tonal images and indexed images
- Color conversion
- Subsetting of fonts
- Removal of embedded standard fonts
- Removal redundant objects
- Remove alternative images
- Remove metadata
- Resize image at exact size
Once the script detect some elements that can be optimized it runs the optimization on image zone that are mostly invisible to human eye.
We also eliminate non-standard elements added by some image software such as photoshop or Gimp. This process is completelly lossy and can be reverted.
To install the automatically:
- Through WordPress admin, use the menu: Plugin > Add new
- Search for ImageRecycle
- Click on install then click activate link
To install the plugin manually:
- Download and unzip the plugin imagerecycle-pdf-image-compression.zip
- Upload the /imagerecycle-pdf-image-compression directory to /wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Quick start for media optimization
- Go in the menu Settings > ImageRecycle
- If you don’t have an account, click on create new account and get a free 15 days trial
- If you have an account than enter API and secret key
- Configure the image optimization options if needed
- New images and PDF are automatically optimized after upload in background
- Existing media can be optimized using the menu Media > ImageRecycle
What is the pdf image optimization process, where are going my media?
The plugin will send your media on our cloud optimizer, then replace the original image with the optimized image.
Our server is a dedicated high-speed server that host the optimization algorithm.
Like some others plugin we don’t do any optimization process on YOUR server, it would be either not very efficient or it would slow down a lot your server.
Do I have a backup of my image and PDF?
Yes, we keep a backup of your original files during one month on a dedicated storage server. You can revert your original files in one click during this month.
Like some others plugin we don’t use YOUR server to do backup, it slow down your website and charge your server with unnecessary media.
Should I select best saving or original quality to optimize my media?
It depends on the compression you need. Best saving has a better compression level than lossless compression.
The resulting image is not 100% identical with the original even if most of the time it’s not visible.
Globally use Best saving for a final usage of your image and Original quality if you’ve planned to make treatment later images (with Photoshop for example).
I don’t want to optimize all my media or not at the same quality
You can exclude some media from optimization with a server folder exclusion. Plus, each media optimization has a setting of quality of compression.
* JPG image optimization: Best saving (lossy), Original quality (lossless), No compression
* PNG image optimization: Best saving (lossy), Original quality (lossless), No compression
* GIF image optimization: Best saving (lossy), Original quality (lossless), No compression
* PDF image optimization: Best saving (lossy), Original quality (lossless), No compression
Can I test the service?
Yes, there a trial version during 15 days for 100MB of media optimization available. Just register an account from the plugin after install and start image optimization.
Can I use the service on multiple site?
It’s possible of course and there’s a special tool for that.
To make image optimization you got a main account with a key and secret. From the website you can create free and unlimited sub accounts with, if you want, a limited quota.
Or you can just use your main account key and secret on all your website, it’s up to you 🙂
Why do I need an API key?
ImageRecycle Image and PDF Optimizer uses advanced algorithm to optimize images. The algorithm is hosted on a high-speed dedicated server.
The API key and secret are like a login that control that you are allowed to use this server.
Where do I get my API key?
To get your API key, just create a free account from the plugin (key is added automatically) or create one from www.imagerecycle.com.
After a key and secret are added image optimization can start and available quota is displayed in Setting > ImageRecycle menu
Are my images safe?
Yes, privacy is a priority. The ImageRecycle server encryption doesn’t allow anyone to access your media.
Will ImageRecycle optimization work if my website is using a CDN (like CloudFare or Maxcdn)?
Yes, the pdf & image optimization will be done without interfering with the CDN.
Will ImageRecycle optimization work with WordPress cache plugins?
Sure, and it’s even recommended to use one to speed up even more your WordPress install!
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce "ImageRecycle pdf & image compression" a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código, echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Fix : Some PHP warnings
- Fix : 404 error in the pop up window when logging in
- Fix : Optimize pdf file doesn’t work in media list view
- Fix : Bulk optimize action doesn’t work in some sites
- Fix : Check if the file size if greater than 0 before optimization
- Add : Add Opt In feedback on the plugin first disabling & review message
- Add : Update the login register from plugin text
- Add : Image compression test on WordPress Multisite install
- Add : Redirect to settings after installation
- Fix : Some large files not optimized
- Fix : Replace all Curl request by WP HTTP API
- Fix : Fix file name with spaces not optimized
- Fix : Fix indexation not working for nested folders
- Fix : Fix indexing stuck if upload folder doesn’t exist
- Add : Adding width and height options to resize images
- Add : Adding option to resize or not images present before installation
- Fix : Fix updater script
- Fix : Index all media manager images for a faster image listing and optimization
- Add : Add EXIF selection remover on optimization from API
- Add : Add a progress bar with an image count when running the optimization
- Add : Add an ImageRecycle error log accessible from the configuration
- Add : Add md5 sum to be able to detect if an image has been replaced
- Add : Possibility to reinitialize image indexation in order to recompress everything
- Add : Add a new progrees bar design in image listing
- Add : Change the button status (enable/disable) to a checkbox: ‘Activate media optimization’
- Fix : Optimization to speed up listing files
- Add : Add WordPress standard language files
- Add : Add dashboard widget to display optimization image stats
- Fix : Content multi select don’t work after ordering images with column titles
- Fix : Fix new images not optimized on some configurations
- Fix : Use curl instead of file_get_contents when possible
- Add : Launch full media optimization process in background
- Add : Email notification when notification is done
- Add : New image and PDF filtering system by: All media / Optimized / Non Optimized
- Add : AJAX media ordering in admin: Filename, Size, Status after optimization, Status before optimization
- Add : Add a search engine for media
- Add : Add a bulk action to revert optimized images and PDF to original
- Add : Display the quota consumption of optimized content works with both main account and sub accounts
- Add : Switch to new API version, drastic image optimization speed improvement (+50%)
- Fix : Fix some default settings for optimized media and plugin
- Fix : Add quick api key and secret selection for already created accounts
- Add : Add quick account creation from the plugin
- Fix : Enhanced returned error messages from API (if optimization error occurs)
- Fix : Default folder value not set
- Fix : Folder conflict with wp-media-folder ( http://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-media-folder )
- Fix : Warning on image optimization settings
- Add : Add folder tree to include folders from optimization
- Add : Add text presentation of ImageRecycle, image and PDF optimization
- Fix : Bulk optimization stuck on some servers (siteground)e
- Add : Initial release of ImageRecycle, image and PDF optimization