It is a very simple plugin to filter out the spam comments by using the popular technique called “Honeypot”. This is not the 100% solution to every possible spam comment, however I believe that this simple pattern can avoid at least 50% of spams in your comment.
- Option to user defined honeypot fields
- Option to record logs
- Option not to save trapped spammed comments to database (Complete removal)
- Option to email domain restriction
- Option to choose trapped spam comments status ( spam or trash )
- Option to block comment with common spam words
- Option to add your own spam words
- Option to block comment if comment content includes any link.
- Option to block comment from IP address
- Download and Upload the plugin folder ‘honeypot-for-wp-comment’ to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Then, you are done. Everything will be handled automatically.
- If you want to customize settings, you can navigate to the “Honeypot” side menu and further personalize the settings.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- WP 5.8 compatibility check
- fix: php8 compatibility
- WP 5.7 compatibility check
- fix: Undefined offset: 1 (Notice fix)
- feat: IP address blocking
- WP 5.6 compatibility check
- WP 5.5 compatibility check
- Blocking by common spam words
- Blocking if comment message includes any link
- Translation text domain issue fixed.
- Garbage cleaning
- User defined honeypot fields
- Enable / Disable honeypot
- Completely blocking
- Email domain restriction
- Logs system
- First Version