Hikari Unicornified Gravatars converts avatars from people that don’t have a Gravatar, into customized unicorns.
Commenters that have their email registered in Gravatar service are kept with their original Gravatars. But people not registered in Gravatar, instead of having a default avatar that always look the same, are provided with a variety of unicorns avatars, that are related and specific to their email.
And those anonymous commenters that don’t provide any email, they receive randomized unicorns avatars, which change on every page load!!
I dedicate Hikari Unicornified Gravatars to Ju, my beloved frient ^-^
- Works instantly on any place where WordPress
get_avatar()function is used
- Uses Unicornify service to grab unicornified avatars, the same way Gravatar works
- Emails registered in Gravatar service are not changed, and their Gravatar is preserved
- Emails not registered in Gravatar, instead of showing a default avatar, show a unicorn related to their specific email
- When email is not provided (generally in anonymous comments), random unicorns are used, which change on every page reload
- Of course, emails are preserved inside WordPress and never sent outside of it, privacy FTW 😉
Hikari Unicornified Gravatars requires at least WordPress 2.8 and PHP5 to work.
You can use the built in installer and upgrader, or you can install the plugin manually.
- Download the zip file, upload it to your server and extract all its content to your
/wp-content/pluginsfolder. Make sure the plugin has its own folder (for exemple
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress admin page.
- Go to your comments and see those ugly default gravatars being unicornified! 😀
If you have to upgrade manually, simply delete
hikari-unicornified-gravatar folder and follow installation steps again.
If you wanna deactivate the plugin, just use the option in plugins page. Hikari Unicornified Gravatars stores no data in database, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Can I unicornify Gravatar-registered emails too?
At the moment it’s not possible, but in future versions this feature will be added 🙂
- Can I replace unicorns into other types of avatars?
Well, if somebody develop an equivalent Gravatar-compatible algorithm, then yes, it could be possible. In future versions I’m gonna allow changing the service URL, so that the plugin can be used elsewhere in case other services like this show up.
- Can I add unicorns in other places other than comments?
Sure, just use the
get_avatar()WordPress function anywhere you want, as you do normally!
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- First public release.