Extended version of the Genesis Tabs plugin from Studiopress. Make selected posts unique on the page. And more…
Extended version of the Genesis Tabs plugin from Studiopress ! Much of the credits go to them.
Credits: nathanrice, studiopress and Ron Rennick
Original plugin URL: https://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-tabs/
Note: This plugin only supports Genesis child themes.
This plugin is not endorsed or supported by Studiopress. See FAQ for support.
What is does
Genesis Tabs Extended extends the Featured Post widget to create a simple tabbed area. Now you can
also select if the selection is exclusive to the selected category (in this category only) per tab
and you can add additional categories that always have to be excluded, when doing a query on the
What’s the extra
The extra features in this plugin are:
- Select every post to be unique on the presented web page
- Exclude posts from being selected in any of the tabs
It basically adds the “show unique on page” feature, because it is also part of the Genesis Featured Post widget in the Genesis Theme (version 2).
How it works
Choose up to 8 categories to show
nothing new here
Don’t include posts from these categories
Let’s assume that a certain category is selected to be posted in the tab, but a selected post from this category is also in
one of the “Don’t include” categories, this post will be skipped.
This could be usefull if you have a category “headlines” and some post is in that category and in a category called “art” and
“headlines” is in the “Don’t include” selection here, that post would skipped if the category “art” is selected as one of the categories
for your tabs.
Don’t show the same post more than once.
Well that makes everything unique. But this is how it will work:
- You selected for tab 1 category X, that has posts A, B
- You selected for tab 2 category Y, that has posts A, B, C, D
- You selected for tab 3 category Q, that has posts A, C, D
- You selected for a non select category Z, that has post A, C
- Tab 1 will show post B (for A is also in a non display category).
- Tab 2 will show post D (for A is non display, B is in tab 1 and C is in non display)
- Tab 3 will show nothing for there are no posts left to show
Select only posts with featured image?
When this option is selected only posts are selected that have a featured image. This option can be finetuned
a little further with the “This also counts for the latest post?” option. If you have set in the first tab your most
recent contribution (Option: Show most recent post in first tab ?), then you can exclude the featured image requirement
for that tab.
- Upload the entire
genesis-tabs-extendedfolder to the
- DO NOT change the name of the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the “Widgets” screen, drag the “Genesis Tabs (extended)” widget to the widget area of your choice, and configure.
- I have a some questions and I want support where can I go?
http://www.enovision.net/contact/ and drop your question.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Added the featured image required for selection option
- Pimped the options page for the widget settings
- Solves a (breaking) bug that would lead to problems when there were no categories excluded.
- Added option to have the most recent post (despite other option settings) shown in the first tab
- Initial release