Decent Comments shows what people say.
If you want to show comments along with their author’s avatars and an excerpt of their comment, then this is the right plugin for you.
And it’s not limited to just a widget showing recent comments: The plugin provides configurable widgets, shortcodes and an API to display comments in sensible ways, including author avatars, links, comment excerpts …
Anywhere you place comments, by means of a widget, a shortcode or an API call, you can:
- Show an excerpt or the full comment. You can choose to not show the comment as well.
- Determine the number of words shown for excerpts.
- Set your kind of ellipsis.
- Set the number of comments to show.
- Show the author’s avatar and determine it’s size.
- Sort by author email, author URL, content (what’s said in the comment), date, karma or post … in ascending or descending order.
- Show comments for the current post or for a specific post.
- Show comments for a specific post type.
- Show comments for posts in specific categories, for specific tags, … (more precisely: the ability to show comments from posts related to one or more terms in a chosen taxonomy).
- and more to come … got suggestions?
Feedback is welcome!
If you need help, have problems, want to leave feedback or want to provide constructive criticism, please do so here at the Decent Comments plugin page.
Please try to solve problems there before you rate this plugin or say it doesn’t work. There goes a lot of work into providing you with free quality plugins! Please appreciate that and help with your feedback. Thanks!
Follow @itthinx for updates on this and other plugins.
- Catalan translation provided by Ibidem Group
- Chinese translation provided by Francesco from in Cina
- French translation provided by Thomas Mur from Creapage.net
- German translation provided by the author itthinx
- Italian translation provided by Francesco from in Cina
- Lithuanian translation provided by Vincent G from Host1Free
- Portuguese translation provided by TopCasinoWagering
- Russion translation provided by Igor
- Spanish translation provided by itthinx and Ibidem Translations
- Upload or extract the
decent-commentsfolder to your site’s
/wp-content/plugins/directory. Or you could use the Add new option found in the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Enable the plugin from the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Please also visit the Decent Comments plugin page for the latest info.
Can this plugin show excerpts of comments or even full comments?
Can I choose how many comments are displayed?
Can I display comments for any post? For the current post? For a specific post?
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Can I place more than one comment widget with different settings?
Does it offer shortcodes?
Yes. Place your comments anywhere you need them!
Can I call a function to display comments wherever I need?
What else does it do?
It’s highly configurable!
Please visit the Decent Comments plugin page for the latest info.
If you need something that is not available yet, get in touch. Feedback is welcome!
Get help at the Decent Comments plugin page.
I really appreciate this, how can I contribute?
Please visit the Decent Comments plugin page and you should find a way to donate or contribute with feedback and ideas.
Translations are also welcome!
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
For the full changelog see changelog.txt.