Requires the plug-in Advanced Custom Fields.
This is a very basic add-on to allow the ability for relationship fields that are associated with a single related item, to be able to add a new
item to the related item without leaving the post/page you are currently editing. Uses a colorbox pop-up to open the add new post window with very
- Install the plug-in (standard WordPress installation)
- Set up a relationship field with only one related item (standard Advanced Custom Field configuration)
- Add or Edit a post with the relationship and the new Add New button will show up on the relationship field
- Click the Add New button to open Colorbox add new post for the related item
- Click the publish button and the new item will be added (or click the X button to cancel) and the Colorbox will close
- The newly added item will be available for selection in the relationship list
- Be sure to have Advanced Custom Fields installed and activated first
acf-single-relationship-add-newdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Start using the feature in your admin posts and pages
- Why do I need this plug-in?
Simply, it provides a method to add new relationship items while editing a post or page, so you don’t have to leave your current screen to get a new item to show up.
Even if you were to add in a new window, the new item may not show up in the window you are working on. It is just a time saver, plain and simple.
- Why did you use Colorbox instead of Thickbox built into the WordPress Admin?
The desire was to use Thickbox initially, but WordPress administration does some controlling of the size of the thickbox for the media upload and overriding these defaults
would be problematic for site I was working on at the time and presumably other sites as well.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
Este software es de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han contribuido a este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
This version should work for both old and new releases of ACF.
Fix bug when WordPress is installed in a subdirectory rather than the root. Thanks to Scott Nath for the fix.